A note from Dame Jenny Abramsky, Chair of the Heritage Lottery Fund, addressing the Heritage Exchange 2014 event, in partnership with the RSA, aiming to help collectively consider the way ahead for the next generation of heritage thinking.
Read opinion pieces on topical issues, and watch animations and interviews with world class speakers
Open up the debate by adding your comments on articles and videos
Submit your own comment piece to share your views on issues at the heart of the RSA's mission
The pace of change in the labour market has accelerated tremendously. Juan Guerra FRSA argues that we need to be constantly learning to perform to our fullest potential and outlines some proposals that would allow millions to utilize and develop their skills.
The power of positive thinking – and the destructive impact of negativity – was demonstrated by Brazil’s humiliation at the World Cup. Peter Sear FRSA explores the psychology of the host nation’s team.
There is increasing interest in the potential of practising mindfulness to improve individual and collective wellbeing. Leadership expert, Julia Fell explores some of the concerns this has raised and concludes that if we are to accelerate the adoption of more humane ways of organising work, mindfulness has a significant part to play.
How can we get people more engaged, more productive, and happier at work? Is technology part of the problem – and could it also be part of the solution? Dave Coplin, Chief Envisioning Officer at Microsoft, imagines what might be possible if more organisations embraced the full, empowering potential of technology and encouraged a truly open, collaborative and flexible working culture. Taken from a talk given by Dave Coplin as part of the RSA’s free public events programme.
Visit the RSA website for more RSA Animates.
TopicsAltruism Arts Banking crisis Big Society Brain Budgets Business Capitalism Citizenship Civic republicanism Climate Credit crunch Crime prevention Cultural theory Democracy Design Digital culture Economics Education Enlightenment Enterprise Entrepreneurship Environment feminism Government Green economy Green technology Health Innovation Internet Mass engagement Media Networks Neuroscience Optimism Politics Recession Recovery Regional development Religion Science and technology Social enterprise Sustainability Unemployment
- Francis Maude, Jack Dee – and the transformation of government July 30, 2014
- The Power to Create (in about 5 minutes) July 21, 2014
- Heritage for the future July 14, 2014
- Religion and politics – the great unifiers? June 30, 2014
- Ippr and Miliband – new direction, same engine? June 19, 2014
- Climate change: a call for more beginners July 30, 2014
- Teaching Sabbaticals: an antidote to the struggling school? July 29, 2014
- Why is housing policy such a mess? July 29, 2014
- The Big Idea: Is this the age of no retirement? July 28, 2014
- Link me, Like me, Follow me……do you need a digital detox? July 28, 2014