Guidelines for use
RSA Comment is a space for you to engage in intelligent debate on topical issues relevant to the RSA’s aims.
We welcome your contributions and comments and we encourage you to debate freely with others on the site.
We just have a few simple guidelines that we ask you to abide by:
- We encourage comment on a range of topics and from diverse contributors, but we will only include items relevant to the aims of the RSA (see About the RSA).
- For the benefit of all users, we aim to keep comment as lively and accessible as possible. So, please keep articles as short (preferably no more than 800 words), snappy and jargon-free as possible, and include links where relevant.
- We welcome intelligent and challenging debate, but personal attacks, libellous, or offensive material will not be tolerated. Please respect other people’s views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution.
- Any content you submit to us must be your own original work and must not infringe the copyright (or other relevant rights) of others.
- This is a platform for people to interact with our content and each other, not to sell their wares. We will reject posts that we believe constitute advertising or spam.
Any decisions regarding the publication of articles/removal of content will be at the editor’s discretion.
Articles may be edited but we aim to keep any editing as light touch as possible. We will edit for sense, grammar and, where necessary, length. Our editors will also write (and may rewrite) headlines.
Moderation – Article submissions
Articles will be sent to our editors for moderation before being posted to the site. Any articles that are deemed inappropriate (for the reasons set out above) will not be posted to the site.
You will receive an email notification when your article goes live.
Moderation – Comments
While we will post-moderate comments as far as possible, we cannot guarantee that all comments live on the site are appropriate. We rely on the help of all users of this platform to alert us (via the ‘flag’ link) to any comments that may be abusive, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
We encourage discussion among authors and visitors to this platform, so we would ask authors to keep an eye on their posts, engage with readers and, where possible, respond to the comments and conversations prompted by their articles.
Please feel free to share the articles and video on this site via the ‘share/save’ icons.
To make an enquiry related to submissions/moderation, or to give feedback/make suggestions for ways we can improve RSA Comment, email RSA Comment
If you need general technical support, email RSA webmaster